Welcome
Welcome to alandeanfoster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

What other author's books are you reading or just finished?

This is a forum for all other discussions about authors and books other than ADF.
Forum rules
All discussions of sci-fi/fantasy books are encouraged.

Re: What other author's books are you reading or just finish

Postby Marty » Wed May 22, 2013 12:01 am

Just finished book 4 in the Bowl of Souls series by Trevor Cooley. He has really improved his writing since the first book, this latest book is pretty long but doesn't feel like a page is wasted. I really like all the characters he has developed, looking forward to the big wrap up in book 5 that's supposed to come out around the end of the year.
Later,
Marty
Marty
Site Admin

Highscores: 14

Postby Marty » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:02 am

Not technically science fiction but I picked up the first 2 volumes of "These Are The Voyages" by Marc Cushman.
Very detailed accounts of the making of every single episode of Star Trek (original series).
Later,
Marty
Marty
Site Admin

Highscores: 14

Postby Vanber » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:46 pm

In the airport on my way back to university I stumbled upon a Star Trek novel with '70s style cover art. I know the saying is "don't judge a book by its cover" but I'm a sucker for throwback promotional art (be it on book covers or movie posters). So, I bought the book on a whim despite not having ever looked into Trek's EU material. Certainly had its entertaining moments seeing as I hadn't read any previous books containing the characters.

Nothing particularly special, but it did its job of entertaining me.

Vanber

Postby Julie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:20 pm

I am currently working my way through Adrian Tchaikovsky’s epic fantasy series “Shadows of the Apt”. I am in book 9, _War Master’s Gate_.
Patrick Ness’ young-adult novel _The Rest of Us Just Live Here_ is tempting me from my to-read shelf and I’ll probably read that next rather than the 10th and final volume of Tchaikovsky’s Apt.
Julie

Postby clarababbage » Wed May 25, 2016 6:17 am

I've just finished The Spirals of Danu series, which I really recommend.
It's a little conspiracy-like with fantasy elements, all in a H P Lovecraft vein.
Very enjoyable.
clarababbage

Previous

Return to Other Sci-Fi/Fantasy Books/Authors